The basane leather that covers the Club chairs is a leather that requires special attention and regular maintenance. It needs to be taken care of so that it ages well and takes on a beautiful patina.
I suggest you detail the different steps you will have to take during the year to take good care of your Club chair.
What to do on delivery?
Of course, you will be dying to sit in your club chair to enjoy it.
Wait a little longer because you have to get rid of the excess wax on the surface.
Before a leather chair leaves the workshop, we wax it and cover it with an extra layer of wax to protect it until delivery.
To get rid of this thin film of wax you have to proceed as follows:
- Take a soft, dry cotton cloth with you.
- Wipe the surface with small circular motions.
- Insist on areas that are in contact with the body.
Precautions to be taken
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight
- Avoid proximity to a heat source to avoid skin dryness
- Maintain a suitable humidity level in the room at all times and avoid excessive deviations
- Use the vacuum cleaner bristle brush to remove dust.
- Regularly ventilate the room
- Only use cleaning products to nourish and wax sheepskin.
- Regularly feed as indicated in the instructions for the Basane Leather Beauty Wax
- Avoid rubbing with a protruding part (jeans rivet, metal fastener, cat or dog scratch). If this is the case, to erase the traces rub lightly with a cotton cloth soaked in a hazelnut of coloured basane leather cream
It is important to regularly feed the leather of your armchair to prevent it from drying out abnormally
Maintenance to be done imperatively
Regular maintenance (2 to 3 times a year)
- Cleaning is the first operation before feeding the leather
- Dust the surfaces used (seats, armrests, backrests) with a slightly damp cloth
- Apply a small amount of nourishing cream on a soft cloth and spread it evenly over the surfaces to be treated (use circular movements to ensure that the material penetrates well)
- Leave to dry for 15 minutes
- Wipe off any surplus on the surface with a cloth
Annual maintenance (once a year)
Do a complete inspection of your club chair once a year, it’s a clean sweep!
- go around to check that everything is correct
- degrease the seat cushion and vacuum the backdrop
- inspect the seams
- check the condition of the feet
- Use a sheepskin colour cream to revive the colour of your armchair (for application proceed as for regular maintenance)
- In order to use the colouring wax properly and not to stain, I advise you to start by treating a small area of 5 cm on the back of the chair in order to train. Proceed with circular and regular movements
- Depending on the result you can treat your whole chair
Discover our range of waxes to maintain your Club chair
Colourless and Coloured waxes :
Instructions for use:
- Apply the material with light tapping to make it penetrate the skin
- Allow to dry for 15 minutes
- Scrub with a clean cloth
Recommended use :
- 1 to 2 times per month on parts in contact with the body
- 2 to 3 times a year on your whole chair
- Note: If you have a problem with stains on the leather follow the guide to remove all types of stains