Relive the 50s / 60s comfortably in your Hemingway 2 seater Club Sofabed. Ideal for reading evenings, it can accommodate your guests during the day and evening.
Its convertibility in bed is practical to control your space and host your friends.
Hemingway is known for its comfort, its high back and its deep and padded seats.
Discover or rediscover the classic novels of this illustrious writer takes a particular dimension in a sofa that bears his name.
Hemingway published his novels essentially between the 20s and 50s, in a style all his own. The inevitable “the old man and the sea”, “farewell to arms” or “the sun rises too” are appreciated in the softness of the leather of sheepskin.
Hemingway 2 seater Club Sofabed : strong and stylish, he continues to seduce
Let yourself be seduced by its retro and classic look. Practical and aesthetic, it becomes a bed and serves as a real decorative object in your living room.
Its lining, full-grain sheep leather of 1.4 / 1.6mm thick, benefits from a traditional vegetable tanning as they are still found in the land of gold sheepskin, in the latest French tanneries.
The hue, patina and waxing are done by hand which allows us to offer custom finishes. Chassis and legs are solid beech to add to the durability of the chair.
Comfort is a question of padding is here too we offer 3 possibilities: flexible, medium or firm with optional suspension on biconical springs (in the chassis) that provides more flexibility to the home.
Our Club chairs are made of 1.4/1.6 mm thick full grain sheep leather (basane leather).
This leather is renowned for its strength and softness and guarantees excellent long-term durability.
The vegetable tanning of our skins is done in the Toulouse region by a tannery with world-renowned know-how.
During assembly, in order to obtain an optimal result, we wet the leather so that it perfectly fits the curves of the model.
We then let the skin dry naturally.
The colour and finish
Once the chair is dry, we colour it with the chosen shade.
Once dyed, the leather is patinated and waxed by hand to bring out the roughness of the leather. This step underlines the elegance and the beautiful natural colour of the material. The back is studded or finished with piping, as desired.
We offer the following colours:
- Regular colours : honey, havana, chocolate, cognac, red, black, antique green and English green.
- exceptional colours (only on request) : aubergine, blue jeans, burgundy, gold.
- However, we can also work on a sample basis and find the exact colour that suits you.
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will help you to choose!
The frame and legs of our models are made entirely of solid beech. Our wood is kiln-dried, which increases its strength. The joints are carefully stapled and glued.
There are 2 types of frames:
- Frame with fixed front : the frame has a fixed front and under the seat there are nosag springs. You only have the seat cushion to absorb the body weight.
The seat cushion is less steep, which makes it easier to get up.
- Frame with suspended front : the frame has a hinged front and under the seat there are bi-conical springs. Under the weight of the body, the seat cushion deforms and so do the springs. This type of assembly provides additional cushioning.
The seat cushion is lowered more, which can cause problems when standing up.
We offer 6 types of upholstery depending on the comfort you want:
Regular fillings :
- High resilience polyurethane foam of 42kg/m3 (firm comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid and partitioned (soft comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid flat (medium comfort)
Upholstery on request :
- Horsehair : vegetable or animal
- Polyurethane foam with pocket springs
Made to measure
“If your wishes can be fulfilled, they will be fulfilled (well, almost…)
If you have a particular request for the manufacture, please contact us, we will study it.