The Années folles Club chair is inspired by the authentic armchairs of the 1930s.
These years marked French society with a desire for freedom and modernity. The furniture did not escape this rule and thus the seats underwent a radical transformation for more comfort.
You will love this vintage leather armchair. It will add an authentic touch to your living room!
Enjoy a leather armchair designed in the purest style of armchairs from the belle époque.
An emblematic Club chair
The 1920s saw the emergence of the Art Deco movement.
The trend was towards geometrically styled furniture and curved forms. All these elements are present in the Années folles model.
True to the design of the first Club chairs, this model has a curved backrest and rounded armrests.
It is an authentic Club chair designed according to the rules of the art. It is handcrafted from start to finish. The attention to detail makes this an exceptional leather armchair.
High quality leather
For the upholstery we use a full grain sheep leather, waxed and patinated by hand. In addition to being beautiful and pleasant to the touch, this leather has the advantage of aging well!
Natural sheepskin leather is characterised by its softness and unique appearance. The slight differences in texture are the signs of a full grain leather, neither corrected nor rectified. With vegetable tanning, the leather reveals unsuspected tones in the depth of colour.
Sit in it, enjoy its comfort and the more you sit in it, the more the leather will patina.
A model made to your specifications
For the comfort of your armchair, we propose to adapt the seat according to your criteria:
- Soft comfort
- Medium comfort
- Firm comfort
In order not to make the wrong choice, do not hesitate to contact us.
Our Club chairs are made of 1.4/1.6 mm thick full grain sheep leather (basane leather).
This leather is renowned for its strength and softness and guarantees excellent long-term durability.
The vegetable tanning of our skins is done in the Toulouse region by a tannery with world-renowned know-how.
During assembly, in order to obtain an optimal result, we wet the leather so that it perfectly fits the curves of the model.
We then let the skin dry naturally.
The colour and finish
Once the chair is dry, we colour it with the chosen shade.
Once dyed, the leather is patinated and waxed by hand to bring out the roughness of the leather. This step underlines the elegance and the beautiful natural colour of the material. The back is studded or finished with piping, as desired.
We offer the following colours:
- Regular colours : honey, havana, chocolate, cognac, red, black, antique green and English green.
- exceptional colours (only on request) : aubergine, blue jeans, burgundy, gold.
- However, we can also work on a sample basis and find the exact colour that suits you.
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will help you to choose!
The frame and legs of our models are made entirely of solid beech. Our wood is kiln-dried, which increases its strength. The joints are carefully stapled and glued.
There are 2 types of frames:
- Frame with fixed front : the frame has a fixed front and under the seat there are nosag springs. You only have the seat cushion to absorb the body weight.
The seat cushion is less steep, which makes it easier to get up.
- Frame with suspended front : the frame has a hinged front and under the seat there are bi-conical springs. Under the weight of the body, the seat cushion deforms and so do the springs. This type of assembly provides additional cushioning.
The seat cushion is lowered more, which can cause problems when standing up.
We offer 6 types of upholstery depending on the comfort you want:
Regular fillings :
- High resilience polyurethane foam of 42kg/m3 (firm comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid and partitioned (soft comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid flat (medium comfort)
Upholstery on request :
- Horsehair : vegetable or animal
- Polyurethane foam with pocket springs
Made to measure
“If your wishes can be fulfilled, they will be fulfilled (well, almost…)
If you have a particular request for the manufacture, please contact us, we will study it.