The “Chaplin” model is inspired by the Club chairs of the 1925’s revisited by our workshop with a unique French touch.
The “Chaplin 1925” is an authentic New Zealand sheepskin armchair, reinforced by a vegetable tanning made in France.
In 1925, Charles Chaplin became a legend with his film The Kid.
The Chaplin Club Chair, an elegant seat
Sheepskin is naturally insulating and will be perfect for those long winter evenings in cold weather. The silky softness of the sheepskin envelops your body and gives you an incomparable feeling.
Gentlemen who want to spend evenings by the fire can count on a robust and durable armchair with a soft and supple interior. The Chaplin Club Chair is the perfect reflection of the comfortable seating they need.
A robust and durable chair
Attention to detail makes this a rare and authentic handcrafted Club Chair.
Designed for gentlemen and epicureans (and egoists!).
Each chair comes in a high quality 100% organic cotton bag, laced with rope and screen printed with a logo.
Each chair is made to order, individually and by hand.
Custom made is possible.
Our Club chairs are made of 1.4/1.6 mm thick full grain sheep leather (basane leather).
This leather is renowned for its strength and softness and guarantees excellent long-term durability.
The vegetable tanning of our skins is done in the Toulouse region by a tannery with world-renowned know-how.
During assembly, in order to obtain an optimal result, we wet the leather so that it perfectly fits the curves of the model.
We then let the skin dry naturally.
The colour and finish
Once the chair is dry, we colour it with the chosen shade.
Once dyed, the leather is patinated and waxed by hand to bring out the roughness of the leather. This step underlines the elegance and the beautiful natural colour of the material. The back is studded or finished with piping, as desired.
We offer the following colours:
- Regular colours : honey, havana, chocolate, cognac, red, black, antique green and English green.
- exceptional colours (only on request) : aubergine, blue jeans, burgundy, gold.
- However, we can also work on a sample basis and find the exact colour that suits you.
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will help you to choose!
The frame and legs of our models are made entirely of solid beech. Our wood is kiln-dried, which increases its strength. The joints are carefully stapled and glued.
There are 2 types of frames:
- Frame with fixed front : the frame has a fixed front and under the seat there are nosag springs. You only have the seat cushion to absorb the body weight.
The seat cushion is less steep, which makes it easier to get up.
- Frame with suspended front : the frame has a hinged front and under the seat there are bi-conical springs. Under the weight of the body, the seat cushion deforms and so do the springs. This type of assembly provides additional cushioning.
The seat cushion is lowered more, which can cause problems when standing up.
We offer 6 types of upholstery depending on the comfort you want:
Regular fillings :
- High resilience polyurethane foam of 42kg/m3 (firm comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid and partitioned (soft comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid flat (medium comfort)
Upholstery on request :
- Horsehair : vegetable or animal
- Polyurethane foam with pocket springs
Made to measure
“If your wishes can be fulfilled, they will be fulfilled (well, almost…)
If you have a particular request for the manufacture, please contact us, we will study it.