Discover the jewel of English furniture, the Chesterfield style and its excellence. Hand-finished basane leather, deep upholstery and large rolled armrests make the Churchill 3-seater Chesterfield sofa a piece of luxury British furniture.
The Churchill 3-seater Chesterfield sofa is instantly recognisable with its typically British style. From chic pubs, bars and restaurants to the halls of Michelin-starred hotels, this luxurious and versatile piece of furniture will find its place in any setting. So why not invite it into your home?
A sofa designed for gentlemen
Chesterfield sofas date back to the mid-1700s, when Lord Philip Stanhope commissioned a sofa to accommodate his guests. He was the fourth Earl of Chesterfield, which explains the origin of the name Chesterfield sofa. As an admired politician, he was something of a trendsetter.
Lord Philip wanted a leather sofa with a low seat and a high backrest that would allow him to sit comfortably while keeping his clothes from creasing. With its armrests and backrest at the same height, low seat and rolled armrests, the Chesterfield sofa was born! Thanks to its full upholstery, this vintage club sofa is certainly one of the most comfortable seats you can find.
The Chesterfield sofa, furniture that stands the test of time
The Churchill 3-seater Chesterfield sofa combines comfort and design and is extremely robust. The quality of its full grain sheepskin leather, its beechwood frame and its wide carved wooden legs make this sofa a piece of furniture that will stand the test of time. In fact, you can still find original Chesterfield sofas in some London clubs, which is a testament to their incredible durability.
The Chesterfield sofa was and still is an essential part of many exclusive gentlemen’s clubs in London. It provides a comfortable setting for London’s wealthy men to relax, drink and smoke cigars. Symbolising luxury, this timelessly styled sofa can also be brought into your living room to add a touch of English elegance. So why not order today?
Our Club chairs are made of 1.4/1.6 mm thick full grain sheep leather (basane leather).
This leather is renowned for its strength and softness and guarantees excellent long-term durability.
The vegetable tanning of our skins is done in the Toulouse region by a tannery with world-renowned know-how.
During assembly, in order to obtain an optimal result, we wet the leather so that it perfectly fits the curves of the model.
We then let the skin dry naturally.
The colour and finish
Once the chair is dry, we colour it with the chosen shade.
Once dyed, the leather is patinated and waxed by hand to bring out the roughness of the leather. This step underlines the elegance and the beautiful natural colour of the material. The back is studded or finished with piping, as desired.
We offer the following colours:
- Regular colours : honey, havana, chocolate, cognac, red, black, antique green and English green.
- exceptional colours (only on request) : aubergine, blue jeans, burgundy, gold.
- However, we can also work on a sample basis and find the exact colour that suits you.
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will help you to choose!
The frame and legs of our models are made entirely of solid beech. Our wood is kiln-dried, which increases its strength. The joints are carefully stapled and glued.
There are 2 types of frames:
- Frame with fixed front : the frame has a fixed front and under the seat there are nosag springs. You only have the seat cushion to absorb the body weight.
The seat cushion is less steep, which makes it easier to get up.
- Frame with suspended front : the frame has a hinged front and under the seat there are bi-conical springs. Under the weight of the body, the seat cushion deforms and so do the springs. This type of assembly provides additional cushioning.
The seat cushion is lowered more, which can cause problems when standing up.
We offer 6 types of upholstery depending on the comfort you want:
Regular fillings :
- High resilience polyurethane foam of 42kg/m3 (firm comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid and partitioned (soft comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid flat (medium comfort)
Upholstery on request :
- Horsehair : vegetable or animal
- Polyurethane foam with pocket springs
Made to measure
“If your wishes can be fulfilled, they will be fulfilled (well, almost…)
If you have a particular request for the manufacture, please contact us, we will study it.