The Little Bridge Club Chair was designed in the late 1930s.
Did you know that its name comes from the famous card game?
Indeed, ladies of the time needed a more comfortable seat than a simple chair, but not as heavy and bulky as an armchair. Moreover, it is easy to move and is ideal for playing Bridge.
That’s how the little Bridge Club chair, which is aesthetically pleasing, comfortable and practical, was born!
Nowadays, this superb chair, with the authentic charm of yesteryear, brings a vintage and friendly touch to your interior.
Arrange several of them around a table in your living room and invite your friends for a game of cards, and why not Bridge, to plunge back into the heart of the 30s?
The Little Bridge Club Chair is also ideal for afternoon tea or relaxing.
As it is easy to move around and takes up little space, you can also install it in a bedroom, an office or even a dining room.
The little Bridge Club chair: a beautiful piece of furniture
Endowed with a very elegant and refined look, this chair will surprise you with its comfort.
Its armrests, wide seat and backrest provide optimal back support.
This sturdy piece of furniture is designed to last over time.
First of all, the frame and legs are made of solid beech wood.
In addition, it is covered with full grain sheep leather, called basane, which is 1.4 to 1.6 mm thick. This leather is renowned for its strength and softness.
The patina, staining and polishing are entirely done by hand, using traditional methods.
We can therefore offer tailor-made finishes.
Treat yourself with this authentic furniture with a crazy charm!
Our Club chairs are made of 1.4/1.6 mm thick full grain sheep leather (basane leather).
This leather is renowned for its strength and softness and guarantees excellent long-term durability.
The vegetable tanning of our skins is done in the Toulouse region by a tannery with world-renowned know-how.
During assembly, in order to obtain an optimal result, we wet the leather so that it perfectly fits the curves of the model.
We then let the skin dry naturally.
The colour and finish
Once the chair is dry, we colour it with the chosen shade.
Once dyed, the leather is patinated and waxed by hand to bring out the roughness of the leather. This step underlines the elegance and the beautiful natural colour of the material. The back is studded or finished with piping, as desired.
We offer the following colours:
- Regular colours : honey, havana, chocolate, cognac, red, black, antique green and English green.
- exceptional colours (only on request) : aubergine, blue jeans, burgundy, gold.
- However, we can also work on a sample basis and find the exact colour that suits you.
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will help you to choose!
The frame and legs of our models are made entirely of solid beech. Our wood is kiln-dried, which increases its strength. The joints are carefully stapled and glued.
There are 2 types of frames:
- Frame with fixed front : the frame has a fixed front and under the seat there are nosag springs. You only have the seat cushion to absorb the body weight.
The seat cushion is less steep, which makes it easier to get up.
- Frame with suspended front : the frame has a hinged front and under the seat there are bi-conical springs. Under the weight of the body, the seat cushion deforms and so do the springs. This type of assembly provides additional cushioning.
The seat cushion is lowered more, which can cause problems when standing up.
We offer 6 types of upholstery depending on the comfort you want:
Regular fillings :
- High resilience polyurethane foam of 42kg/m3 (firm comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid and partitioned (soft comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid flat (medium comfort)
Upholstery on request :
- Horsehair : vegetable or animal
- Polyurethane foam with pocket springs
Made to measure
“If your wishes can be fulfilled, they will be fulfilled (well, almost…)
If you have a particular request for the manufacture, please contact us, we will study it.