The Club Jules chair is an iconic leather armchair. It will appeal to lovers of period furniture in search of authenticity.
This model is inspired by the shapes of the original Club armchair. Indeed, its curves and its shape have not lost their charm over time.
Combining comfort and luxury, this leather Club chair with its simple lines and thick upholstery will fit into any decor.
The Jules model, the first of its kind
Created around 1929, the original Club chair was first called the comfortable chair. It soon abandoned its name to become the Club due to its popularity in gentleman’s clubs.
The Club chair features round shapes, a low back, a generous seat and thick upholstery. In addition, bi-conical springs provide the extra cushioning that makes it so comfortable.
Jules club chair designed in the tradition of saddlers
This authentic model is made in the traditional way.
Indeed, the Jules club chair is covered with high quality full grain sheepskin leather, which is hand-dyed, patinated and polished.
Finally, its vegetable tanning enhances the colour and the patina reveals all its nuances.
This Club chair has a solid beechwood frame and legs, ensuring excellent sturdiness. The joints are solidly stapled and glued.
Like the first Club armchairs, Jules is available with a studded or piped finish.
Everything is done for your comfort
We offer 3 different types of comfort to satisfy the most demanding customers:
- Soft comfort
- Medium comfort
- Firm comfort
For more comfort you can also choose between 2 suspensions:
- fixed frontage
- suspended front
Do not hesitate to contact us if you want a special model
Our Club chairs are made of 1.4/1.6 mm thick full grain sheep leather (basane leather).
This leather is renowned for its strength and softness and guarantees excellent long-term durability.
The vegetable tanning of our skins is done in the Toulouse region by a tannery with world-renowned know-how.
During assembly, in order to obtain an optimal result, we wet the leather so that it perfectly fits the curves of the model.
We then let the skin dry naturally.
The colour and finish
Once the chair is dry, we colour it with the chosen shade.
Once dyed, the leather is patinated and waxed by hand to bring out the roughness of the leather. This step underlines the elegance and the beautiful natural colour of the material. The back is studded or finished with piping, as desired.
We offer the following colours:
- Regular colours : honey, havana, chocolate, cognac, red, black, antique green and English green.
- exceptional colours (only on request) : aubergine, blue jeans, burgundy, gold.
- However, we can also work on a sample basis and find the exact colour that suits you.
Do not hesitate to contact us, we will help you to choose!
The frame and legs of our models are made entirely of solid beech. Our wood is kiln-dried, which increases its strength. The joints are carefully stapled and glued.
There are 2 types of frames:
- Frame with fixed front : the frame has a fixed front and under the seat there are nosag springs. You only have the seat cushion to absorb the body weight.
The seat cushion is less steep, which makes it easier to get up.
- Frame with suspended front : the frame has a hinged front and under the seat there are bi-conical springs. Under the weight of the body, the seat cushion deforms and so do the springs. This type of assembly provides additional cushioning.
The seat cushion is lowered more, which can cause problems when standing up.
We offer 6 types of upholstery depending on the comfort you want:
Regular fillings :
- High resilience polyurethane foam of 42kg/m3 (firm comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid and partitioned (soft comfort)
- Fibre flakes laid flat (medium comfort)
Upholstery on request :
- Horsehair : vegetable or animal
- Polyurethane foam with pocket springs
Made to measure
“If your wishes can be fulfilled, they will be fulfilled (well, almost…)
If you have a particular request for the manufacture, please contact us, we will study it.